[TFD]CLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi all im [TFD]DrIfTkInG..thanks for visit my forum...if you want join to my clan?(ask to me im here)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello everybody..please register first
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» elate na driftaroume xana
The Libertines EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 4:38 pm by [TFD]GORGi

» Topspinner
The Libertines EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 am by chickengold92

» Cricket pitch
The Libertines EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 am by chickengold92

» Finger spin
The Libertines EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:10 am by chickengold92

» The wicket
The Libertines EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:38 pm by taixyz1992

» While training

» O'Reilly won

»  Flower Drum Song
The Libertines EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:41 am by chickengold92

»  Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev
The Libertines EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:40 am by chickengold92

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

The Libertines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharecash

The Libertines Empty
PostSubject: The Libertines   The Libertines EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:17 am

Well, since I went to Reading I've fell in love with The Libertines, Pete Doherty is officially my favourite junkie.

The Libertines are an English rock band. Formed in London in 1997 by frontmen Carl Barât (vocals/lead guitar) and Peter Doherty (vocals/rhythm guitar), the band also includes John Hassall (bass) (although Ed Graves of Evolver and Danny Herman of Audiovisuals were also tried as bassists) and Gary Powell (drums) for most of its recording career. Part of what was described as the garage rock revival of that time, one of the aptly named 'The' bands and spearheading this movement in the UK, the band is centred on the song-writing partnership of Barât and Doherty.

The band gained some notoriety in the early 2000s. Although their mainstream success was initially limited, their profile soon grew, culminating in a #2 single and #1 album in the UK Charts. In December 2004, their self-titled second album was voted the second best album of the year by NME magazine. Both of their full-length LPs were produced by Mick Jones, of the British punk band The Clash.

In spite of their critical success, the band's music was often eclipsed by its internal conflicts, often stemming from Doherty's addictions to crack cocaine and heroin, which eventually led to the breakup of the band. Doherty has since stated that the breakup of the band had been due to relationship difficulties between Barât and himself that were not related to his drug addictions. The members of The Libertines went on to form new bands with varying degrees of commercial and critical success.

In August 2010, the four members of The Libertines reunited to play a series of shows, including slots at the 2010 Reading and Leeds Festivals. The reunion shows received a highly positive response from the press.

(Dont know how to embed)
YouTube - The Libertines - Time For Heroes

YouTube - The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun

YouTube - The Libertines - What Became Of The Likely Lads (uncensored)

YouTube - The Libertines- Music When the Lights Go Out

Back to top Go down

The Libertines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[TFD]CLAN :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: